The task, which was complicated due to the very small space available, was entrusted to the architect Virginio Vespignani.
The architect succeeded in creating a neo-Renaissance treasure that was inaugurated on May 31, 1851.
This is commemorated by a plaque above the entrance.
The temple is rich in precious materials and the floor features precious marble.
It is a good example of the Latin Cross church plan.
The niches of the nave are filled with ten plaster statues of angels in the form of caryatids, made by the sculptor Luigi Simonetti.
The vault is embellished with golden stucco friezes and even has a dome, a true architectural wonder due to the tiny space.
There are paintings by Costantino Brumidi, an artist born in Rome, who painted the frescoes of the dome of the Capitol Building in Washington D.C.
On the altar is the miraculous painting of Mary, inside a case made of gold-foiled wood.
This miniature church and true jewel of Rome has been declared a National Artistic Monument by the Superintendent of Fine Arts.
It is open every day at 18:30 for the recitation of the Rosary, while on public holidays it opens at 19:00 for the celebration of the Holy Mass.